Urban landscape painting 02


River side walking path at sunset, was selected to 2021 AAU Spring Show award. It is quite honored and encouraged happing only at my 3rd semester in AAU . Beside this, the most meaningful thing to me is that, the painting shows the tranquil feeling of downtown Petaluma, as well as my appreciation of cross passing with Petaluma for almost 3 years so far.    


11x14" canvas, study



        11x14" color study



It is also my first temptation to do oil painting on the bigger size of 18x24” canvas. It happened surprisingly from 11x14” study, I told my instructor Greg Gandy ( he is also one of the excellent artists in bay area) that I really enjoyed the small study, I would like to choose it as my subject matter for midterm project. Thus, I spend a bit extra time to do the color scheme study before start.


 There are several challenges I thought which worth sharing here, for example, the accurate perspective view drawing, how to paint the architectural details and vitality of trees and the atmospheric mood during the sunset. I felt that I am not only technically learning the city landscape painting from the process, I also earned the chances to appreciate and connect the beauty surrounding in Petaluma. 




 oil painting on 18x24" canvas

 

夕陽下的河邊步道,入選2021AAU春季秀獎。僅於我在 AAU 的第三個學期發生,我感到非常榮幸和鼓舞。除此之外,對我來說最有意義的是,這幅畫展現了佩塔魯馬市中心的寧靜感覺,以及我對與佩塔魯馬穿越近3年的欣賞。


這也是我第一次嘗試在更大尺寸的 18x24” 畫布上進行油畫創作。這個驚喜發生在課堂作業, 11x14”畫布的研究中,我告訴我的導師 Greg Gandy(他也是灣區的優秀藝術家之一)我真的很喜歡這個小型研究,我想選擇它作為我中期項目的主題。因此,在開始之前,我花一些額外的時間來進行配色方案研究。


我認為有幾個挑戰值得在這裡分享,例如準確的透視圖繪製,如何繪製樹木的活力建築細節以及日落前的氛圍。我覺得我不僅從這個過程中,學習了城市風景畫的技巧,我也獲得了欣賞佩塔盧馬周圍美景的機會並產生一種接地的生命連結。



© Copyright by ChingJu Tsao  2021


FB: ChingJu Tsao

IG:  chingju_art

Website: https://www.chingjuart.com

 

      

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

"Wishes Fulfilled" 心想事成! 靜茹的藝術創作分享

Travel and exploration vs. exotic painting 旅行&探索vs異國繪畫

A friend once asked me what do you do when you are not painting? ⋯⋯朋友曾問我不畫畫的時候你都做什麼?⋯⋯