Urban Landscape Painting 01

Urban landscape painting 城市風景畫

In the spring semester of 2021, I chose a class: Urban landscape painting. I was pleasantly surprised. Starting from the small town of Petaluma where I live, I visited the small Java Café on the street, the river bank business district, and the railway station, and residential areas. It happens that most of the scenes fall at the time before the sunset. The light is very soft and peaceful, and it also allows me to integrate my love for this friendly town into the painting. 

 

I am very grateful that during this period of MFA, painting study at AAU, Petaluma has brought me a sense of stability and a lot of creative inspiration. I look forward to cooperating with local art galleries and exhibiting a few satisfying views of Petaluma city, giving my sincere feedback to this city.


Remarks: The lady proprietress of Java Jack's Cafe', a small cafe on the street, likes my work with their cafe as the theme very much, and she gladly invites me to put up a few more paintings in their store for visitors to enjoy or collect.















Java Jack's Cafe

Oil painting on 11"x14" canvas 



2021春季, 在這一個學期, 選了一堂課: 城市風景畫, 很驚喜的喜愛上, 以我居住的這個小鎮Petaluma為起點, 走訪了街道旁的小巧Java咖啡館, 河岸商圈, 火車站及住宅區, 剛好大部分的取景, 多落在夕陽西下之前的時間點, 光線特別柔和且祥和, 也特別的能夠將我對這個溫馨小鎮的鍾愛之情融入畫中, 我很感激這個小鎮讓我這段求學時光, 帶給我安居的穩定感, 也帶給我許多創作靈感, 期待跟當地的藝廊合作, 展出幾幅滿意的Petaluma城市風景, 回饋給這個城市

備註:街道旁的小巧咖啡館 Java Jack's Cafe 的女老闆娘, 非常喜歡我以他們的咖啡館為主題的作品, 欣然的邀請我多擺幾幅畫在他們的店面, 供來訪客欣賞或收藏 















Train station vs Art Center

Oil painting on 11"x14" canvas 

















The 6th Street

Oil painting on 11"x14" canvas

















Peaceful church on B St. , Petaluma 

oil painting on 11x14" canvas  
















The B Street

Oil painting on 11"x14" canvas



Daily life of Petaluma, on weekends, I’d occasionally come to B Street to buy a cup of latte and croissant. Acre Cafe, which is a local organic bakery cafe, and the beautiful library is opposite. I felt quite fulfilled to paint the street scene for this lovely town. Love the cheerful sunshine & the movement of painting ~ glad everything starts opening up now.~ feel so grateful !



佩塔盧馬(Petaluma)的日常生活,在11x14畫布上進行城市景觀研究。 在周末,我偶爾會去B街買一杯拿鐵和羊角麵包。Acre Cafe,這是一家當地的有機麵包店咖啡館,而美麗的圖書館就在對面。 我為這個可愛的小鎮畫出街景感到很滿足. 喜歡明媚的陽光和畫面中的運律動感~很高興疫情改善, 鎮上一切都逐漸開放了~ 很是感激!
















Night Scenery, Petaluma

Oil painting on 11"x14" canvas

















River side walking path at sunset, Petaluma

Oil painting on 18"x24" canvas

Selected into 2021 AAU Spring Show Award



ps. There will be more sharing thought about the last two paintings in the 

article of Urban Landscape Painting 02 & 03 😃



© Copyright by ChingJu Tsao  2021


FB: ChingJu Tsao

IG:  chingju_art

Website: https://www.chingjuart.com






 

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

"Wishes Fulfilled" 心想事成! 靜茹的藝術創作分享

Travel and exploration vs. exotic painting 旅行&探索vs異國繪畫

A friend once asked me what do you do when you are not painting? ⋯⋯朋友曾問我不畫畫的時候你都做什麼?⋯⋯