Art statement of my series of thesis paintings

Sakura, oil on18x24" canvas

All my painting inspiration comes from my current living environment and surroundings. In the past two years, affected by the epidemic, the school has changed to remote classes. Fortunately, it saves traffic time and gives me a chance to calm down and gradually develop the habit of taking a walk and contemplation. This also gives me the opportunity to intimately observe and appreciate the beauty of plants. 

I have to marvel at how nature harmoniously presents the changes of the four seasons, either complementary colors, or analogous colors, as well as overlapping shapes, distinct lines and color ranges... etc. They are definitely the visual and spiritual feast, sometimes even a projection of culture and memory. For example, the lotus flower reminds me of Zen meditation’s enlightenment for regaining self-compassion and love. Cherry blossoms always evoke memories of the last overseas trip with my father. California poppies are definitely the best dancers under the California’s passionate sunshine. Pumpkin patch, reminds me of Thanksgiving, a grateful, warm and harvest scene.

 

Lotus, oil on 16x20" canvas


During this period of studying abroad, I lived in Sonoma County, has a rich variety of flowers and crops in the four seasons. Almost every family’s garden has a variety of flowers, such as roses, sunflowers and magnolia...etc. There are also many farm markets, apple orchards, vineyards, pumpkin patches and corn farms. Every time I think of so many local inspiration resources, it is really exciting and enlightening. 

 

Therefore, I want to use my enthusiasm to transform the unique aesthetics and meaning of flowers, fruits and vegetables into artistic creation of oil paintings. They are the classic timeless subject matters, the most beautiful and nourishing incarnation in people's daily life, full of vitality, so as to arouse people's feelings of joy and appreciation. Give back to nature the most beautiful gift to mankind.

 

Pumpkin Patch, oil on 18x24" canvas

 

我所有的繪畫靈感都來自我現在的生活環境和環境。近兩年,受疫情影響,學校改為遠距學習。幸運的是,它節省了交通時間,讓我有機會冷靜下來,逐漸養成散步和沈思的習慣。這也讓我有機會近距離觀察和欣賞植物的美麗。

 

在這四個季節裡,無論是對比色,還是濃密細緻的類比色,還有重疊的形狀、分明的線條和色彩範圍……等等,我不得不驚嘆大自然如何和諧地呈現四個季節的變化。一場視覺和心靈的盛宴,有時甚至是文化和記憶的投射。例如,蓮花讓我想起禪修對和平與愛的啟蒙。櫻花總能勾起和父親最後一次出國旅行的回憶。加州罌粟花絕對是加州熱情陽光的最佳舞者。南瓜田,則是讓我想起感恩節,溫暖豐收的場景。


California poppies, oil on 18x24" canvas

 

這段留學期間居住的索諾瑪縣,四季都有豐富的花卉和農作物。幾乎每個家庭的花園裡都有各種各樣的花卉,比如玫瑰、向日葵、玉蘭花……等等。還有許多蘋果園、葡萄園、南瓜地和玉米農場。每次想到這麼多本地的靈感資源,真是令人興奮和啟迪。

 

因此,我想用我的熱情,將花卉、水果和蔬菜的獨特美學和意義轉化為油畫創作。它們是經典的經久不衰的題材,也是人們日常生活中最美麗、最有營養的,充滿生命力的化身。以喚起人們的喜悅與感恩之情。回饋大自然送給人類最美的禮物。

 


La vie en rose, oil on16x20" canvas

 

Special thanks to my MFA of AAU thesis development instructor, Jesse Mangerson

I have been very inspired and encouraged by such a dedicated and professional teacher.

I feel so grateful and look forward to exploring more meaningful and touching scenes for my thesis series paintings.


特別感謝我的 AAU 碩士論文發展導師 Jesse Mangerson

這樣一位敬業而專業的老師給了我很大的啟發和鼓勵。

我很感激,期待為我的論文系列繪畫探索更多有意義和感人的場景。



© Copyright by ChingJu Tsao  2021


FB: ChingJu Tsao

IG:  chingju_art

Website: https://www.chingjuart.com

 

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

"Wishes Fulfilled" 心想事成! 靜茹的藝術創作分享

Travel and exploration vs. exotic painting 旅行&探索vs異國繪畫

A friend once asked me what do you do when you are not painting? ⋯⋯朋友曾問我不畫畫的時候你都做什麼?⋯⋯